Campers, are you ready for Week Two? This week #CampCaribu celebrates Father Figures in our lives. With Father’s Day around the corner, this week is a chance to appreciate the dads, grandpas, uncles, cousins, educators, coaches, and neighbors who are part of your community. What are some of the ways that they have made a positive impact?
This week’s books include stories about fathers and grandfathers who nurture their relationship with their (grand)children through thoughtful dialogue, creative activities, and a warm presence. The characters and conversations in the text will inspire readers to embrace the joy of small moments together. Additionally, you will find drawing pages in the Caribu app to celebrate, with coloring outlines, puzzles, cards, and more. Color together and share your favorites with family members.
If you are not yet enrolled in #CampCaribu, download the app and sign up today at www.caribu.com/summer. On the homepage, you will find a reading log to download and track the books you read. You also will find discussion questions, art activities and more. Check the schedule every day to get the most out of your camp experience.
On the calendar this week: Try a cooking activity with your little ones to honor a Father Figure or special relative in your life! Saturday’s featured activity, America’s Test Kitchen Kids: English Muffin Pizzas offers a fun opportunity to prepare a treat for your family. What will be your pizza toppers? Decorate your snack with colorful veggies or meats and share photos of your creations with #CampCaribu on social media. Make sure to buy the ingredients in advance, and supervise children when using the oven and sharp kitchen tools.
Summer Prize: At the end of this week, #CampCaribu will raffle a tablet to one active camper! To be entered into the drawing, users must complete the following tasks:
- Add 5 Contacts: Add five new contacts to your Family Contacts list on Caribu. To add a new trusted contact in the Caribu App: go to ‘Menu’, enter your birth year to get through the Parent Gate, tap on ‘Add Family’, and tap on ‘Add New Contact’ to add more trusted friends and family for your little one(s) to read with on Caribu.
- Post To Social: Post to social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) about #CampCaribu in at least one of the following ways:
- Share your recommendation of a favorite Summer Reading book, activity, or coloring page
- Answer one of the weekly challenges (Monday Trivia or Thursday Codebreak) on Caribu’s Facebook or Instagram Page
- Share photos of your Saturday’s English Muffin Pizza cooking activity
- Share a completed #CampCaribu art activity
- Share a pic of your filled out CampCaribu Reading Log or Participation Certificate
For your posts, don’t forget to use the hashtag #CampCaribu and tag @caribu
Have a great week, and wishing you a Happy Father’s Day!