Caribu is donating free subscriptions of our interactive reading platform to all 1.3M currently serving U.S. military in appreciation for their great service to our country. Caribu is a perfect tech application for our military families and this campaign aims to meet a critical need in the lives of hundreds of thousands of military families with children and grandchildren.
Partners and Supporters:
Press or partnership inquiries, please email us at military(at)caribu.com
Sign Up Here!
Currently Serving Military Service Members
Sign up for your free subscription here:
- Create an account with your email address and proceed through the set up screens.
- When you are presented with the subscription selection screen, tap SKIP TRIAL at the top right.
- Once you’ve completed the above, visit the Blue Star Families Caribu page and complete the form to unlock your free subscription!
- Why only currently serving military? What about veterans?
Our currently serving military are those most likely to be deployed or separated from their families. Also, the verification system we have chosen to use works best with active email addresses. We know Caribu would be great for all members of the military community as well which is why we’ve kept the monthly subscription fee at an affordable price so they can also use Caribu with their families.
- How long is the free subscription?
Your Caribu subscription will be free throughout your active duty status. You will need to renew each year to verify active status.
- Does the other caller have to subscribe as well?
Only one account has to have a subscription. This account can invite family members to download the Caribu App and enjoy video-calls with the subcriber for free. To invite family members, tap on the green “Call” button and then tap on the “Add New Contact” icon.
- I’m having technical issues. Who can I contact?
We apologize in advance for any technical issues you may incur as we launch this campaign. We ask for your patience and understanding as we work really hard to respond and solve any issues.If you need help with anything at all, you can take a look at our FAQ page:
Go to FAQ
- What do you need as proof of active military status?
You only need to provide your basic information so we can verify your military status. We do not store or use any of this information for anything else: First and Last names, Date of Birth, and Military email (ending in .mil). If you do not have a military email address or if you have any issues getting verified, please email us at email@example.com so we can personally resolve the issue.
- Can I only use Caribu with a video-call?
Many of our families use Caribu to read and play activities together in person, or when a parent or grandparent is not in the same room as the child.
- Do I need to be on WiFi?
Caribu works over WiFi but also over cellular networks. You only need to be connected to a network if you want to make a call or download a new book.
- Does it work outside of the U.S.?
We have families in 160+ countries reading together through Caribu. Caribu is available everywhere there is an Apple App Store or a Google Play Store.
- How much is the subscription after the free promotion ends?
Only $6.99 a month or $67.99 year for unlimited access to hundreds of books, game and activities, and free video-calls.
- How many people in my family can use the subscription?
The subscription is associated with the Caribu account that verified the military status, but anyone will be able to enjoy the complete library with you during the video-call.To invite family members, tap on the green “Call” button and then tap on the “Add New Contact” icon.
- I never use my .mil address. Can I use another one?
You can use your personal email address to create your Caribu account, but you must use your .mil address when verifying your free subscription on Blue Star Families Caribu.
- Can I only use Caribu with my kids?
Many families use Caribu with nieces, nephews, grandchildren, younger siblings and mentors.
- What grade levels are the books for?
We have various books and activities. Our content is geared towards kids 0 – 7 years of age. Our library is caterogized by age and subject matter so you can easily find the best books to read and activities to play/draw.
- Will I automatically be signed up for the paid subscription when the free one ends?
You will NOT automatically be charged for the subscription when the free trial ends. You will be prompted to subscribe and will need to authorize the charge in iTunes or Google Play.
- What languages do you have?
English, Spanish, French, Chinese, German, Portuguese and Arabic.