- ABOUT US
- CONTACT US
- CEO BIO
- PRESS RESOURCES
- WHERE WE’VE BEEN FEATURED
- SHAREABLE GALLERY
Caribu is an education platform that helps parents, extended family, and mentors read and draw with children when they’re not together. We’re “FaceTime meets Kindle”, for kids. The result is an engaging livestream shared-screen experience – in a carefully designed, curated, and secure platform. An in-app library contains hundreds of books, in seven languages, from leading children’s publishers, and many educational workbooks that you can draw on together in “real-time”!
- Child Profiles for personalized books
- Drawing on books with multiple colors in real-time
- Story guide pointer in real-time to follow along in the book
- Audio-only fallback when user is in low-bandwidth area
We have many loyal and long-standing customers in 148 countries using Caribu; parents who work late, travel for work, are legally separated, or are active duty military, as well as grandparents, reading coaches, tutors, and mentors.
Reasons to contact us
- Request an interview (print, tv, radio, podcast, blog)
- Request to quote a Caribu representative or the website
- Request a speaking appearance
GET IN TOUCH – CONTACT US
Long Bio – 1,000 words or less
Maxeme Tuchman (Max) is the CEO and Co-Founder of Caribu, an education technology company that allows parents, extended family, and mentors to read and draw with children when they’re not in the same location. Max was appointed by President Obama to serve as a senior policy advisor and White House Fellow at the U.S. Department of the Treasury. In this position she worked on issues of financial inclusion and student loans. Prior to that, Max served as the Executive Director of Teach For America Miami-Dade and was responsible for overseeing daily regional operations for 26 staff members and cultivating over $15M of private and public support in service of over 500 teachers and alumni. Earlier in her career, she served in Mayor Bloomberg’s bullpen where she co-created the NYC Civic Corps and managed The NYC Waterfalls art installation, bringing in $69M of economic impact to the city. Her commitment to educational equity began as a Teach For America corps member, teaching 480 high school students in inner-city Miami, and has led to working on educational innovation projects with organizations such as the Harlem Children’s Zone, DC Public Schools, and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. Max was named the 2018 Toyota Mother of Invention by Women In The World and 2017 Female Tech Leader of the Year by the Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce. She is a graduate of the Coro Fellowship in Public Affairs and the Miami Fellows Leadership Program, WINner in the Babson WIN Lab for Female Founders, and a current Trustee of the American Museum of the Cuban Diaspora. Maxeme received her B.A. from New College of Florida and holds an M.P.P. from the Harvard Kennedy School of Government and an M.B.A. from the Harvard Business School.
Medium Bio – 500 words or less
Maxeme Tuchman is the CEO & Co-Founder of Caribu, a “FaceTime meets Kindle” interactive video-call and reading app for children. Caribu was named one of the ‘Top Ten EdTech Companies to Watch’ in Forbes and one of the most innovative startups in the world by winning the 1776 Global Challenge Cup. She knows almost every level of education from being a public school teacher, a consultant at the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Executive Director of Teach For America, and manager of education projects under NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg and DC Public Schools Chancellor Michelle Rhee. Before co-founding Caribu, Max was appointed by President Obama to serve as a White House Fellow at the Treasury Department. She is a first-generation American and college student and a graduate of the Coro Fellowship in Public Affairs, the Miami Fellows Leadership Program, and is a current Trustee of the American Museum of the Cuban Diaspora. Max is a 2018 Toyota Mother of Invention and received her MBA & MPP from Harvard.
Download Caribu for free on Apple App Store
Download Caribu for free on Google Play Store
- Caribu is an education platform that helps parents, extended family, and mentors read and draw with children when they’re not together.
- It’s “FaceTime meets Kindle – for kids”.
- In-app library contains hundreds of books, in seven languages, from leading children’s publishers, as well as many educational workbooks with an interactive drawing overlay.
- Families have the ability to draw together with multiple colors and use a story guide pointer in real-time to follow along in the book.
- Caribu has families using the app in 148 countries.
- Caribu was named a “Top Ten EdTech Company To watch” in Forbes and has been the winner or finalist in over 20 international, national and regional pitch competitions.
- Caribu has books in seven different languages.
WHERE WE’VE BEEN FEATURED
Caribu is an education platform that helps parents, extended family, and mentors read and draw with children when they’re not in the same location. We’re “FaceTime meets Kindle” – for kids.